"Yes, come check out Texas. Check out a state that ranks dead last in the percent of its population with high school diplomas. Come check out a state that is last in mental health expenditures and workers’ compensation coverage. Come check out a state that ranks first in the number of executions, first in the number of uninsured, first in the amount of carbon dioxide emitted and first in the amount of toxic chemicals released into water.
Texas certainly has some attractions for business, and California certainly needs to work harder to create a friendly place to start companies and grow jobs. But California is creating businesses all the time, partly because of our natural assets – great weather and stunning mountains, beaches and deserts – and an excellent although underfunded system of higher education.
If we invest in that system and protect our environment, our state will continue to create companies such as Apple, Google, Hewlett Packard, Oracle, Craigslist, Yelp, Twitter, Sun Microsystems, Genentech, Cisco, Intel and Qualcomm, and the list goes on and on.
Gov. Jerry Brown, visiting a UPS distribution center Tuesday to celebrate a new fleet of all-electric vehicles, suggested that media hounds find something else to cover than the Perry ads. “It’s not a serious story, guys,” the governor told reporters. “It’s not a burp. It’s barely a fart."
The Sacramento Bee fabulously smacks down Gov. Rick Perry’s run of “Move to Texas” ads in California and suggests California help out Texas high-school students with a book drive to increase their graduation rate.
- breakitdownforamotherfucker reblogged this from cognitivedissonance
- thesmallestfox likes this
- jjarichardson likes this
- politiciansoc reblogged this from cognitivedissonance
- courtneyhammett likes this
- courtneyhammett reblogged this from liberty-flight
- liberty-flight reblogged this from cognitivedissonance
- mynameiskleio reblogged this from geekycubil
- mynameiskleio likes this
- pantsareneveranoption reblogged this from nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident
- pantsareneveranoption likes this
- geekycubil reblogged this from harshcoffee
- outwardprojection likes this
- harshcoffee reblogged this from nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident
- harshcoffee likes this
- bumblebeelaura likes this
- abnormalmix likes this
- dendroica likes this
- quickhits likes this
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident reblogged this from cognitivedissonance
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident likes this
- maneatingbadger reblogged this from cognitivedissonance
- yesterdayjuice reblogged this from sabistan
- jhancock2134 likes this
- jhancock2134 reblogged this from cognitivedissonance
- flufflogic likes this
- the-super-ego likes this
- girlnorthern likes this
- jenncarpenter likes this
- vulvawizard said:This is kind of offensive actually. Texas is great. Even us liberals like it here for a reason.
- divisivy likes this
- consumetildoom reblogged this from cognitivedissonance
- que-sorpresa said:I love Texas so, so much. Just wish our legislators could get their heads out of their asses for FIVE FUCKING MINUTES.
- atticusmichael likes this
- rabidracoons likes this
- mrsttalley likes this
- livelove-media likes this
- skeletonsarefine likes this
- thunderwingmatrix reblogged this from cognitivedissonance
- thunderwingmatrix likes this
- afitof-vanity reblogged this from cognitivedissonance
- castillolaw likes this
- bloodavenger reblogged this from cognitivedissonance
- cheshire3000 likes this
- eddyckeane likes this
- sokalkyle reblogged this from cognitivedissonance
- sokalkyle likes this
- medievalmodern likes this
- a-bit-unlikely reblogged this from cognitivedissonance
- lovesheils reblogged this from cognitivedissonance